Eno Valley is governed by a Board of 15 Directors, each of which hold an executive position or serve on a committee. The Board meets every month except August and December.
Please email [email protected] if you are interested in attending a meeting.
Committees & Chairs
Executive positions include the President, Vice President, Recording Secretary, and Treasurer.
Committees include Buildings & Grounds, Communications, Information Technology, Membership, Social, Swim Team, and Tennis.
Members of the Board of Directors are exempt from annual dues.
Board Members are elected for 3 years terms. Elections are held in October. All members of the board are elected to executive positions or committees on an annual basis. All active members are eligible for the Board.
Please email [email protected] if you are interested in serving on the Board!
Stephanie Minor (Class of 2022)
Per Article IV Section 4 of the Bylaws: The President shall preside at all meetings of the Directors; shall enforce all rules and regulations of the Corporation; and shall control and manage the business, affairs, properties, and facilities of the Corporation under the general supervision of the Board of Directors. The President, with the Secretary, shall execute on behalf of the Corporation all contracts, deeds, mortgages, deeds of trust, notes, bonds, and other instruments as authorized and directed by the Board of Directors. The President shall make available to the dues-paying members of the Club information about the affairs, activities and condition of the Corporation for the preceding year. The President shall perform such other duties as the Board of Directors may direct from time to time. The President shall be bonded in the amount set from time to time by the Board with a Corporate Surety licensed to do bonding business in the State of North Carolina, and the premium for said bond shall be paid by the Corporation.
Lindy Norman (Class of 2022)
Per Article IV Section 5 of the Bylaws: The First Vice-President shall perform the duties of the President in the absence or disability of the President. The Vice-President or Vice-Presidents shall perform such duties as the Board of Directors may direct from time to time.
John Cowden (Class of 2022)
Per Article IV Section 6 of the Bylaws: The Secretary shall record and safely keep the minutes of all meetings of the Board of Directors, shall give notice of meetings as provided by these Bylaws, shall have custody of all books, records, papers, and Seal of the Corporation (except such as shall be in the charge of the Treasurer), shall execute with the President on behalf of the Corporation such written documents and instruments as may be authorized and directed by the Board of Directors, and perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors.
The Secretary is responsible for taking minutes at Board meetings. Meeting minutes serve as a record of the Board meeting, documenting attendance, discussions, decisions, and action items. After each meeting, the Secretary prepares draft minutes for Board review and approval. Board-approved meeting minutes are stored as records and made available to Eno Valley Pool and Racquet club membership.
Evan Sitton (Class of 2024)
Per Article IV Section 7 of the Bylaws: The Treasurer shall receive and disburse all funds of the Corporation, shall keep accurate and detailed records of receipts and disbursements and an accurate account with each member. The Treasurer shall deposit all funds coming into the Corporation in a depository designated by the Board of Directors. The Treasurer shall regularly report on the financials of the Corporation as may be requested by the Directors and shall assume responsibility for the preparation and filing of annual tax returns. The Treasurer shall be bonded in the amount set from time to time by the Board with a Corporate Surety license to do bonding business in the State of North Carolina, and the premium for said bond shall be paid by the Corporation.
Buildings and Grounds
Brian Majors (Class of 2022)
Adam Swift (Class of 2022)
Anthony Aichele (Class of 2023)
Responsibilities of the Building and Grounds Chair include:
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs of the pool and pump system.
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs of all buildings on the property (clubhouse, shack, shelter, pump room, chemical room).
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs of basketball court, tennis courts, tennis wall, and shack.
- Coordinate maintenance of the grounds (landscaping, grading, etc.)
A total of 3 board members are assigned to the Building and Grounds Committee, one of which assumes the Building and Grounds Chair. Members of the committee will work with pool management staff and the Certified Pool Operator as part of their duties.
Mark Alford (Class of 2024)
Responsibilities of the Communications Chair include:
- Oversight and administration of the club Facebook page and social media accounts
- Updates to the club website
- Email notifications and board communications to membership
- Development and distribution of a club newsletter
- Work with other chairs to engage current and new membership
- Assist the Information Technology Chair with duties as needed
Luke Dary (Class of 2023)
Responsibilities of the Information Technology Chair include:
- Oversight of all club accounts and security
- Maintenance of the club website including hosting, SSL, domain registration, and security updates
- Configuration of swim/tennis registration
- Configuration of staff time clock software
- Maintenance of club email accounts
- Maintenance of club WIFI access points
- Maintenance of club security camera system
- Technical support to board members, staff, and membership
Dana Walker (Class of 2023)
Responsibilities of the Membership Chair include:
- Serve as a point of contact for new and potential member questions
- Coordination of new membership meet & greet events
- Facilitate new member application process
- Perform community outreach to ensure annual pool membership remains at capacity
- Perform end-of-season surveys to improve operations and identify resignations
Nikki DeWeese (Class of 2024)
Responsibilities of the Social Chair include:
- Coordination of traditional social events during the pool season
- Coordination of food trucks
- Coordination and oversight of clubhouse and shelter rentals
Ben Neal (Class of 2023)
Julia Lee (Class of 2024)
Joy Moffett (Class of 2024)
A total of 3 board members are typically assigned to the Swim Team Committee, one of which assumes the Swim Team Chair.
Responsibilities of the Swim Team Committee includes, but is not limited to the hiring of coaching staff, planning and purchasing seasonal supplies, coordination of the Little Orcas program, and the planning, coordination, and execution of the summer swim team season with the Durham Summer Swim League, league teams, parents, volunteers, and swimmers.
Joe Gonzalez (Class of 2023)
Responsibilities of the Tennis Chair include:
- Inspection and maintenance of the tennis courts and equipment.
- Management of summer youth and adult tennis clinics.
- Membership outreach and support.