As of April 2023
2023 Pool Rules
The safety, health, and comfort of all members are the basic objectives of the following rules and regulations. The Pool Manager, Assistant Manager, and Lifeguards have authority and jurisdiction over the conduct of any person or persons and any circumstances involving the pool, subject to approval by the Board of Directors. It is the duty of and responsibility of all members, their children, and guests to adhere to and encourage compliance with these rules. Children’s conduct is the inherent responsibility of the parents.
The Board of Directors and Pool Management welcomes suggestions regarding any aspect of pool operations.
MEMBER REGISTRATION AND GUEST POLICY
- All membership fees, annual dues, and any other charges must be paid in full prior to using the Club.
- All members and their guests are required to check in for each pool visit. All guests must be accompanied by a member. Members must register each guest and pay the appropriate guest fees.
- Both out-of-town and in-town guests may visit the pool for a maximum of ten (10) visits per pool season, and at a fee of $5.00 per guest per visit. There is no guest fee for children under age 2.
- No guests are allowed on holidays.
- One member family may only bring a total of five (5) guests during one visit unless prior approval has been granted by the Board of Directors.
- Members must be age 16 or older with a car to sign in non-members under 16.
- Persons living in a member’s house for an extended amount of time may apply for special consideration to the Board of Directors.
- A member who wishes to drop off a member child who is between the ages of 10 to 15 must accompany and sign-in that child at the shack. The adult must leave an emergency phone number where the adult can be reached the entire time that the child is at the pool. In addition, the parents must have a signed waiver of liability on file at the shack for the pool season. In the event that a parent/guardian cannot be reached at the emergency number provided, a warning will be issued. In the event of a second occurrence the family membership will be suspended for two (2) weeks. Parents: please remember that when dropping off children it is important to monitor the weather conditions such as severe thunderstorms or tornado warnings in case the pool has to close. The pool can be a dangerous place during storms. Calling parents to pick up children can be a long process. You are NOT allowed to drop off a non-member with your children.
- When the signing member leaves, all guests with that member must also leave.
- Any violations of the guest policies will result in a two-week suspension of a family’s membership for all club facilities.
- Trash must be placed in trash bins. Recycling bins are also available for use. No food should be placed in recycling bins.
- All persons should shower before entering the pool, and especially after applying oils.
- Parents should encourage children to use the toilet before entering the pool.
- Children who are not toilet trained should wear the appropriate swim-approved diapers and a swimsuit. No regular diapers are allowed in the pool at any time.
- Only swimwear or swim-approved attire will be allowed in the pool.
- Persons with infections, abrasions, colds, coughs, bandages, or other illnesses should not enter the pool and may be denied pool use.
- Smoking or vaping inside buildings, inside of the pool area, or within 5 feet of any sheltered area is strictly prohibited. Persons wishing to smoke and/or vape are to do so outside of the facility and should properly dispose of any cigarette butts.
- No eating or drinking around the pool area, including the pool deck, except for water. All food and drink must be consumed and stored under the shelter/shack area.
- No chewing gum is allowed in the pool.
- No pets are allowed in the pool area or anywhere on facility grounds.
- Persons using the club facilities are responsible for maintaining its cleanliness.
- The Durham County Health Department shall govern the health and safety of the pool.
- Running, pushing, wrestling, dunking, and horseplay will NOT be allowed.
- The pool staff may require children to demonstrate swimming ability in some areas of the pool.
- Children who are not able to swim (“non-swimmers”) and/or under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or a person age 16 years or older at all times.
- Approved life jackets and water wings may be worn in the shallow end of the pool. They may also be worn beyond the 2-foot area if supervised by an adult.
- No sports balls, inner tubes or other floats are allowed except for soft Nerf-type balls and pool noodles.
- Everyone must leave the pool in the event of an emergency or at the direction of the lifeguards on duty. The signal is three (3) whistles.
- At the discretion of the lifeguard, a fifteen (15) minute adult swim (16+) may be called upon request but no more than once every 2-hours.
- A non-swimmer must not be in water over chest deep unless accompanied by an adult.
- NEVER DIVE IN SHALLOW WATER! PARENTS MUST DISCUSS WITH THEIR CHILDREN AND GUESTS WHERE THEY ARE TO DIVE (DIVING ALLOWED ONLY IN 12-FOOT END OF POOL), NO HANDSTANDS, CARTWHEELS OR OTHER UNSAFE DIVES ARE ALLOWED.
- No sliding backwards on the slide. Slider must face the water and not slide on to other swimmers. Only one person may be on the slide at a time.
- The wading pool is designed for children 5 years and under.
- Lifeguards are not assigned to the wading pool. Each child’s safety and behavior are the full responsibility of the parents.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim-approved diapers and swimsuits. No regular diapers are allowed in the pool at any time.
- NEVER ALLOW ANYONE TO PLAY WITH THE DRAINS.
- Under no circumstances are non-swimmers allowed in the diving area.
- Only one person is permitted on the diving boards at a time.
- No hanging from the boards or waterspouts.
- No diving or jumping from the sides of the diving boards.
- No free swimming in the diving areas while the diving boards are in use.
- No handstands, cartwheels, or other unsafe dives off the boards.
- Divers must swim quickly to the closest side of the pool after diving.
- Only one bounce allowed on the diving boards.
- Daily pool operations, including decisions to clear or close the pool (or any other matter of member safety or wellbeing), is under the direct authority of the active manager on-site, or the certified pool operator, without the undue influence or directive of any member, guest, or Member of the Board of Directors. Lifeguards are authorized and encouraged to communicate any and all concerns about operations or safety of the pool to the active manager on duty or other managers as they are available. The active manager on duty will consider all factors, including lifeguard input in making a determination on pool operations, safety, or closure.
- At no time shall there be any use of the pool except when completely supervised by lifeguards or when authorized by the Board of Directors.
- ALL MEMBERS, THEIR CHILDREN, AND ALL GUESTS USE THE FACILITIES AT THEIR OWN RISK.
- No glass containers of any kind are allowed in the pool or bathing areas at any time.
- No unauthorized persons will be allowed in the shack, filter room, or chemical room at any time.
- All injuries must be reported immediately to the management.
- No unnecessary talking to the lifeguards while they are on-duty in the lifeguard stand.
- No intoxicants are allowed in the pool area.
- The pool management must be informed of specific health problems or physical disability of any member which might jeopardize safety, so that the staff may properly handle all situations.
- There must be at least a fifteen (15) minute wait after the appearance of lightning before swimming, tennis, and other activities can resume. Lifeguards will whistle an all-clear signal.
GENERAL CLUB RULES
- The Pool Managers or, in the absence of a Pool Manager, the lifeguards on duty will have the authority to close the pool in bad weather.
- The regular pool hours are: (Sunday & Monday 1:00 PM – 8:30 PM) and (Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 AM – 8:30 PM). Guards will clear the pool at least 10 minutes prior to closing so members can be out of the pool fence by 8:30 PM.
- Scheduling of the large pool for instruction, swim practice, or swim meets will be posted.
- Boisterous, abusive, vulgar or objectionable language, running, or other conduct on club property that could be injurious to others is prohibited at all times. 5. The shack telephone is for urgent or emergency calls only.
- Cost of property damage due to negligence will be charged to the responsible person.
- The club will not be responsible for loss of or damage to personal property.
- No parking on the lawn. All vehicles, including bicycles, must be parked in prescribed areas. Grill area parking is permitted only for those who have rented the shelter.
- Motorists must drive slowly and carefully on club property, not exceeding 5 mph.
- In order to promote friendly neighborhood relations, members and guests will refrain from speeding, trespassing, or any other annoyances that might disturb close property owners.
- Skateboards, bicycles, or other similar devices are not allowed, especially on walkways.
- Wine and/or liquor are not allowed on club property unless with the express approval of the Board of Directors (i.e. clubhouse rental event).
- Members must be age 16 or older to access the clubhouse without supervision.
- Children under the age of 3 should not be left unattended outside the pool fence.
- It shall be the duty of the pool manager, assisted by lifeguards, to take necessary measures to enforce all rules.
- Guests who violate club rules may be suspended from visitation for a minimum of thirty (30) days. Flagrant, rude, or serious violations will result in longer suspensions.
- Any exceptions to these rules must be approved by Manager on duty and/or the Board of Directors.
- POOL PARTIES
- The outdoor picnic shelter is available for rental for parties or for groups. The fee to reserve the shelter is $25, and is available for rental by members only.
- Two (2) parties can be scheduled per day – one in the AM and one in the PM.
- The regular guest policies apply for any party guest who is a non-member.
- The cost of each party guest is $5.00.
- Families who bring ten (10) or more guests (only with prior approval from club management or the Board of Directors) will be considered a pool party and must rent the shelter, pay the shelter rental fee, and pay the guest fee per guest. All guests must pay whether they swim or not.
- There is a maximum of twenty-five (25) guests per party, inclusive of both members and non-members. Parents must supervise all parties and review pool rules with all guests.
- Members must notify the management at least one week in advance to schedule a party.
- Pool Parties must be held in the picnic shelter outside the pool.
- Members must register each guest and pay as they arrive.
- Members must clean the picnic shelter area at the conclusion of the rental and before leaving.
- Members who choose to use a babysitter to care for their children can complete a babysitter form by requesting same at the shack or from a pool manager.
- A non-refundable fee of $25 must be paid in full upon submission of the babysitter form.
- Only one sitter per member family can be named.
- The babysitter must be at least sixteen (16) years of age, have a vehicle at the pool during the visit, and be responsible for the total supervision of the members’ children.
- The sitter should have written authority to make medical decisions in case of an emergency.
- The sitter must be checked in as a “sitter” for each pool visit and may not leave or come to the pool without the members’ children.
- Members who babysit non-members at the pool must observe the ten (10) visit limit for “in-town” guests and pay the $5.00 guest fee per child.
- The Clubhouse facility is open at any time that the pool is open. However, to ensure safety and accountability, access to the clubhouse will be monitored by management.
- The Clubhouse is available for rental by Members Only. Please refer to the Clubhouse Rental Policy.
- For all other Clubhouse inquiries/requests, please contact the appropriate Board Member.